Milwaukee 78, Upper Iowa 53
Nov. 9, 2007
- UWM is now 7-3 in its last 10 season openers, with the only losses in that stretch to Iowa (2000-01), Wisconsin (2002-03) and Memphis (2005-06).
- Since Milwaukee returned to the Division I ranks in 1990, the Panthers are now 10-8 in season openers and 15-3 in home openers. UWM is also 8-2 in home openers at The Cell and Rob Jeter is 2-1 in season openers and 3-0 in home openers as UWM's head coach.
- UWM's 20 steals are tied for the third-most in a game in the school's Division I history and the most in a single game since the 2000-01 campaign.
- Tim Flowers became the first true freshman to start a season opener for the Panthers since James Wright started the season opener with Iowa at the beginning of the 2000-01 campaign.
- Torre Johnson's double-double of 16 points and 10 rebounds marked the second-straight year where a transfer made his UWM debut with a double-double. Paige Paulsen had 27 points and 12 rebounds in the season opener with Radford last season.
- UWM's 47.5 percent shooting effort Friday night would have tied for the best performance of last season (@ Detroit Jan. 25).
- Six players made their UWM debuts, and four true freshmen played in the game for the Panthers.