Milwaukee 4, Samford 2
Aug. 29, 2008
- This was Milwaukee's first game against Samford or any Southern Conference opponent.
- The Panthers are 3-0 for the first time as a Division I program and for the first time overall since 1989.
- The last time UWM scored at least three goals in three-straight games with 9/10-17/1995. During that stretch, the Panthers won 5-1, 7-0 and 5-4.
- Hagen reached five career goals faster than any other player in school history. She also tallied five goals in a season faster, as well.
- A freshman tallied at least five goals in a season for UWM for the fifth-straight season.
- With two assists, Kreuser moved into ninth place in school history with 12 career assists. She also collected her seventh career game-winning assist, tying a school record shared by four other players.
- Milwaukee extended its regular season home winning streak to 28 games (23-0-5).
- The Panthers went 2-0 in the Milwaukee Cup in 2006, 2007 and 2008. In '06 Marquette won the title on goal differential and UWM won the '07 crown based on the number of goals scored.
- Hagen's goal just 0:59 into the game was the quickest Milwaukee goal since Megan Mann scored just 0:49 into the team's match against Valparaiso Sept. 9, 2001.